Tuesday, July 11, 2017

My mom

My mom is finally in peace.

It has been one week since my mom went to be with the Lord.  I was thinking the other day about how my biological mom, dad, grandma and grandpa are all gone now.  I am finally able to talk about her story as I remember hearing it over the years.  I'm sure I will forget a lot of it but I wanted to share a little of her story to honor what she had lived through and the woman she was.

Lynda D. Lane was born in North Hollywood, CA and lived in Southern California.  At the age of 16 she and my grandparents, Harry and Dorothy Sweet moved to Round Mountain, Ca.  This is where my mom told me, on many occasions, that her life changed forever.  You see we talked a lot about the choices that she made when she was mad at her parents.  She was mad because they moved her from Reseda High School in her Senior year to Central Valley High School where she knew no one.  She started dating someone and was soon pregnant and married at the young age of 17, giving birth to my brother, Danny before turning 18.  Unfortunately, the guy she married treated her badly by beating her almost daily.  She told me that one day in her little apartment the beating became pretty violent and at one point, her husband had picked her up and threw her through the door jam, knocking her out.  She told me that when she woke up she thought she was paralyzed and as she lay on the floor looking up, she cried out to God and asked him to keep her and her baby safe and to allow her to get out of the house and away from this man.  She crawled over to the bed where he was looking at Danny and then she heard him say "I hope you don't make me take it out on Danny the next time".  She knew then that she needed to take Danny, get out of there and never come back.  She did just that.  Soon she was divorced and had a one year old baby boy.  She started working as a waitress in the little cafe in Round Mountain and soon found herself 'in love' with a local.  The problem was he wasn't really available because he was married.  That man was my father and when I was 3 months old my mom finally married my adoptive dad, Gary Lane.

They just celebrated their 52nd anniversary in April.  My mom would have been 75 years old on August 13th and needless to say she lived a pretty crazy life.  When I was 4 years old she became a Christian and started taking all of us to church.  Life was pretty hard when I was little but God was always with us in everything our family went through.

Many of us would have chosen a different life but I know that God used these things to make my mom the woman she was.  She was faithful, loyal to her family and loved well.

Like I said in my last blog, she worked for Shasta Regional for 27 years up to about 2 years ago when she was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis.  God gave her 2 years more with her family after that until last Monday night, July 3rd.  On Sunday she was able to see her great grand son and great grand daughter which she was able to acknowledge and say hi to even though she was not doing well at all.  She kept telling me that she loved me and we talked about her seeing her two son's in heaven soon.

On Monday night at 8:10pm my mom went home to be with the Lord.  My sister, Lorie and I along with our dad were with her.  She is no longer in pain.

Love you and miss you mom.....


Nena

3 comments:

  1. Nena: Rejoicing that your Mom is healed and in the presence of Jesus. Hurting with you on your loss. I love you girl!! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Julie Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I appreciate you!

      Delete